Well here I go creating my first blog. I do this after hearing the many voices on the podcasts I listen to while running telling me over and over that it needed to be done. The podcasts I am referring to are: Phedippidations, The Extra Mile, RunningToDisney, RunVeganRun, and The Runners Round Table.

So who am I? Well I am a husband of a wonderful women (Becky), father to three great kids (Paige16, Aleah13, and Sebastion12). I enjoy spending time with them, NASCAR esp Carl Edwards, Basball esp the Red Sox, and in the last few years running.

Most of my life I wanted nothing to do with running, which is to bad because my body was in much better shape and I was much younger for it then. Years ago I went to the police academy where as you can imagine I ran quite a bit which trained me to run. But something else happened they also taught me a love for running. However like a lot of things after the academy was over I became lazy and left it go. About 3 years ago I was invited to a local police departments 5k race. Since I was in no condition to run it I signed up to walk and had a lot of fun. However at that point I viowed to never walk again and to run it the following year. Not that there is anything wrong with walking, it was just not for me, I want to be with the runners.

Ironically I still have yet to run that race due to scheduling issues and medical setbacks. Since that time I have ran three 5ks and one 5mile road race. My finish times are not that good but I am running and finishing which for me is the point. My goal this year is to continue though the winter so that I can build on what I have started and not fall back to square one.

Today I Ran 5 miles in 57:40 @ 11:32 min/miles pace, weather was light rain, temperature around 52 degrees, Felt good, no pain, rain started about half way through the run which cooled me down. I listened to Phedippidations..Episode Fdip213: Sports Medical Quackery.

Well that's enough for now. I hope that I can have enough to say that I can continue this blog and not bore all of you too much.

Everything Always Looks Better after a Run,
FishaDad

Leave a Reply: