Today my intent was to get up at 11am and be on the road running by noon and compete 2 miles. This was to be my last run before the Turkey Trot on Sunday since I run 3 days a week right now. Well my alarm went off and I played the snooze alarm game and got out of bed at about 2 pm. By the time I dragged myself out of bed and got on my running gear it was about 3pm.

I stretched and headed out on the road once again with the intent of running 2 miles today. As I started to run my legs were really stiff and I had to stop and walk for a while and start over again. I then started again and felt a little better this time but still stiff. As I ran I felt some soreness in my left knee and cramping in both calves. Since I was only planning on a short easy run today I decided it was best to stop at 1 mile. I ran 1 miles in 10:04 @ 10:04 min/miles pace, weather was cloudy, temperature around 55 degrees. I walked back to my house feeling like I cut myself short but knowing I did the right thing. Today I listened to Run Vegan Run Episode 30-”A Good Thing”

Its funny how ever since the time change I have been having trouble sleeping and waking up and getting out of bed. I had thought I was fighting off some sort of an illness but a friend told me that she gets the same symptoms after the time changes and that it is a common phenomenon. For the most part working nights for years now, I am used to being tired. But this has been different and something that is a first for me this year. I guess I can just hope it blows over and look forward to spring.


Everything Always Looks Better after a Run,
FishaDad

Leave a Reply: