Well I decided not to run today.  I still feel sore all over, weak, and my lungs are congested.  This drives me nuts.  Running has become like a drug.  As much as running gives me that post run high and lifts my spirits.  Not running sinks me lower, and lower and I find myself unhappy and more and more lethargic.  So all I can do now is rest and hope that I can get out for a run no later than Thanksgiving.  

As for my Thanksgiving I will be going to the local high school football rival game between Mahar Reg High and Athol High, Go Mahar!!!  This year my wife and kids are all going to the game which should be great.  The plan is to go to the game, stomp Athol into the ground so they have to eat crow this year, and just when I am so cold I can't tolerate it anymore head home for a feast. My wife is a great cook and as I am sure is the case in a lot of relationships has slowly moved towards complete perfection over the 14 years we have been married.  So I know that it will be an unreal feast of turkey, sides and deserts.


We choose to stay home on the holiday.   This was not a popular decision in my family however we felt it was important.  I remember going house to house on Thanksgiving, feeling uncomfortable around people I did not know that well and listening to family members argue.  Not the best memories, so my kids stay home.  My wife parents are great about it and simply come over in the evening for coffee and deserts which works out great.  

I have to say I have a lot to be thankful for in this current economy.  We have out own house, food, and live a very comfortable life.   We both are employed making a decent wage and have medical, dental and vision insurance. Finally we are all healthy which is by far the most important.  

As I sit here at work (Shh Don't Tell) feeling ill. I am reminded that I have 5 hours left until I have 4 days off to spend relaxing, eating good food and spending time with my family.  I sincerely hope you have a relaxing enjoyable Thanksgiving and you to have a place and people to spend it with.  


Finally if you are currently part of our armed forces fighting this war and cannot be with your family or the people you love in order to protect me and my family, I have just one thing to say...THANK YOU!!!



Everything Looks Better After a Run
FishaDad

Leave a Reply: