I woke up this morning feeling tired, achey, and my chest still felt congested.  Since the Sunday after I ran the Slattery's Turkey Trot I have felt like an illness was going to break out.  I found it hard to stay awake and slept for long periods of time.  When awake every muscle in my body was sore and I kept coughing up junk from my lungs.  This morning was no different.  I pulled myself out of bed and put on my running clothes before leaving the bedroom. 

I had already skipped my run on Tuesday and wanted to get out on the road.  I stumbled into the living room and fell into my chair.  I turned on the latest Glenn Beck program that was automatically tapped on my new free DVR from Directv. Feeling my window of time was getting smaller I slid on my shoes and began streaching while listening to the latest Phedippidations podcast Fdip214: Email to my Droid

I headed out for my warmup walk and then started running.  Once I got going and shook the rust off it felt pretty good.  I was trying to improve on my slow pace as I am training for the Mayor Higgins 5k ’ Hot Chocolate Run..  I Ran 3 miles in 32:16 @ 10:45 min/miles pace, weather was cloudy, temperature around 44 degrees. Although slow still, this was a much better pace at least for me.   As soon as I stopped running and began my cool down walk home I immediatly felt that endorpine rush that I have become so addicted to.  

I could not help but smile as I anticipated the rest of the day.  I made it back home in time to shower and head out to the rival football game between Mahar (My old Highschool) and Athol.  My daughter Paige who recently got her permit drove.  At the advice of her driving instructor anytime we go anywhere she is to drive.  She is a good driver but still learing.  Its like driving with a drunk grandmother, she is slow as molassas and swerves alittle.  We got there in one peice and she park leaving room for a VW Bug between us and the car in front of us for which I had to tease her.

The game was really close and intense to watch.  In the end Mahar was victorious beating Athol 21-19.  As per tradition the winning team eats dealicious roasted turkey and the loser (ATHOL) Eats Crow.  I will say Athol did play well and almost won, but in the end went home tail between thier legs to eat crow.  As paige drove home I had to use the bathroom and she decided to take the scenic route to avoid traffic. This somehow seemed counter productive since she is training to drive.  I arrived home and withing 1/2 hours my wife had a increadable Thanksgiving dinner on the table for all of us to eat. 

As I write this my father inlaw has just arrived for coffee and dessert.  As I end this I want to wish you all a Happy Thanksgiving and once again to all the troops away from thier familys defending my freedom, I say THANK YOU.

Oh Ya I created an email address if you should have any comments its FishaDad@gmail.com

Everything Always Looks Better After a Run
FishaDad

Leave a Reply: