Well this was week number one of the 50lbs weight loss challenge and I have good news both Tara and I lost weight. Tara lost a awesome 4lbs and I lost 2.8lbs.  This is a great start for the first week especially where I was not able to exercise a lot with my knee issues.  I did get in to see the rheumatologist and had my knee drained and cortisone injected.  This I felt was a good thing and I was very optimistic that this would solve the issue.  



That day I went out for a walk with Tara and her dog Danny.  We had a lot of fun out ton the road talking and joking all of which was recorded on my podcast FishaDad#2 "A Walk with Tara & Danny". Danny is her new rottweiler who was found on the side of the road just wandering around and very sickly.  The New England RottRescue shelter took him in and nursed him back to health in one of thier foster homes.  Tara recently adopted him.  I can tell you that he is just a big teddy bear and an incredibly sweet dog.  He would honestly scare most people by his sheer size but is more likely to lick you to death.  


Soon Cosmo will be meeting Danny and they will hopefully be friends. I continue to work with Cosmo and his training this week working on walk with a loose leash.  The technique I decided to use was to simply stop if the dog pulls.  This causes the dog to realize that in order to get where he wants to be the lease must be loose.  If it is tight we go nowhere.  


Finally I had another person come to me wanting to be part of the 50lbs weight loss challenge, Demetrice.  Look to see his success in addition to Tara and I. 


I was not able to run this week due to my knee and hope that next week I will get some miles logged on the road. 


Finally Remember
          Everything Always Looks Better After a Run









Leave a Reply: