As I sit here in my chair typing this post my knee is still acting up.  Friday morning my decision to run the Freezer 5 was made for me as my knee was swollen to capacity and I was unable to put any weight on it.  This was really disapointing since I was going to run with my friend Adam from (http://runningspark.blogspot.com) and his father in law who recently returned from tour over seas.

As many of you know Adam is faster than me but he had decided to hang back so we could run together.  To top that off it was about 40 degrees out and sunny, perfect running weather. Finally I had a good chance of a PR in this race.  Oh well thats enough poor me for now.  

Something I did do is use my time wisely as I sat with my knee elevated with a ice pack on top.   I finally took the advice of several podcaster's that I respect and listen to regularly.   They are Steve Runner from Phedippidations, Gordon from Running to Disney, Megan from Run Vegan Run, and finally Kevin from The Extra Mile.  Cosmo and I started a Podcast, http://fishadad.podbean.com/ and soon to be available on the iTunes store.




This decision works hand in hand with my decision to lose 50 lbs by the end of 2010 as well as give me a chance to give back to the runcast community and let all of you get to know me through my own voice.

As I write this my current weight is 250.4 and my BMI is 34.9 which places me in the moderately overweight category.  I will track my calories using CalorieCount.com and my workouts using Dailymile.com.

My plan is to update the blog weekly on weekends but now it will include a weigh in and post my current weight. The podcast will be posted at least monthly or maybe more regularly.

Podcast listened to this week were:
- TheExtraMile TEM 57

Finally Remember
          Everything Always Looks Better After a Run

Leave a Reply: