I've decided that I am going to update this blog weekly on the weekend, when I have more time to write. Honestly three times a week is a bit much, I really don't have that much to say.

So about my last week, I skipped my scheduled run on Tuesday. I had planned on running and decided I was to tired in the morning to run after work so I went to bed after setting my alarm clock (or so I thought) I woke up to my wife saying are you getting up? My alarm had not gone off and now it was dark out. So I decided to wait until Thursday for my next run. I slept a lot on the next few days and then it was Thursday. On Thursday I went out for my run feeling pretty good. Ran 5 miles in 56:10 @ 11:14 min/miles pace, weather was cloudy, temperature around 38 degrees. It's an adventure dodging cars with the snow covering the side of the road. This was not the pace I was hoping for but oh well it will come with time. I am thinking that my shorter run would be about 5 miles for now and my long I'll start at 7 mile and build.

The goal I had set for myself was to run a half marathon next year and had one in mind The Vermont Covered Bridges Half Marathon. The only issue I have encountered is that the registration is on December 14th and I simply don't have the $50 fee for the race this close to Christmas. No big deal and I am going to still keep the goal it just will have to be a different race or maybe I'll just run 13.1 on my own. Perhaps the World Wide Festival of Races 2010.

I headed into the weekend and again I found myself sleeping a lot. I really have no idea why but maybe I am just fighting off something again. Speaking of that I had discussed the H1N1 vaccine in a past post and how I decided that me and my children would not be getting it. As of now no one in my family has had the H1N1 Flu however a close friend did as well as his whole family, they recovered fine but I thought you may like to know that they all got the H1N1 vaccine.

Today I went out for my long run. I had planned on 7 miles and had thought about a circular route that I had walked years ago. I knew it was 7 mile and also thought it would be one more challenge to over come. Years ago I remember looking at that as an unrealistic goal to run that 7 mile circle. Now I had already ran 8 miles once so 7 miles was well within my reach. I drove to the airport parked my truck and started to stretch. The wind was wiping across the airport openness. I walked the driveway back to the main road as a warm up. I got to the road turned left, hit my watch and started to run. Right off I had a strong cold wind pounding me in the face and I though about turning around. I pushed through and eventually the wind became more intermittent. I felt good for most of the run and was happy to be running this route that I had previously felt impossible. I Ran 7.08 miles in 1:22:41 @ 11:41 min/miles pace, weather was mostly cloudy / windy, temperature around 28 degrees. I got done and walk back up the airport driveway as a cool down. I threw on my running pants because again I ran in shorts and a light jacket. Although I was fine it became apparent that I am going to eventually have to give in and run in pants.

I jumped in my truck started it and reached for my low fat chocolate mile, that’s right chocolate milk. I have been using an ton of different recovery drinks that are currently on the market. Some I liked, some I didn't and all expensive. Then I picked up Runner World Magazine and said that low fat chocolate milk has the needed nutrition for recovery. My son Sebastion has always drank milk and on hot days after exercise he always reached for a glass of milk which I though was bad for him. Apparently I was wrong and I have switched to low fat chocolate mile myself. It has the proper nutrition, its cheap, and it tastes awesome.

Podcast I listened to where: Phedippidations, The Extra Mile Podcast, and Running To Disney

Everything Always Looks Better After A Run
FishaDad

2 Responses to “Chocolate Milk”

  1. Don't worry about the covered bridges race man. There are PLENTY of other races we can run. And, if you are interested in just going out for 13.1 any time, just let me know. I know a few routes down here and I'm sure we could map out some other scenic half marathon distance routes.

  2. Sounds like a plan.

Leave a Reply: